Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sit 'n Scan Scavenger Hunt

Today I spent the day shopping in SL, which ironically (ironic because I hate shopping in RL), was a pretty good time. That was, of course, until I tried to use my camera controls to get a good look at myself. This part of SL has probably become my least favorite, because it is the time that I am in the least control. With this in mind, I thought that it would be a great time to try the Sit 'n Scan Scavenger Hunt, and get some practice controlling my views. I attempted to use the Sloodle blogger option and record my experienced, but I could not remember the proper link so I have chose to switch between SL and my Google blog.
Here goes:
1. The greatest challenge for me is differentiating between the zooming in/out and looking up and down. After finally getting in close enough to the book shelf, I found that the book furthest to the right was titled "LMs and Teleporting". I did not find a title on the book located on the top right shelf, so I am going to go with the aforementioned as my final answer.
2. The long leaves and twisty branch of that tree make it very hard to zoom in on the nest, but I think that I counted three eggs in that nest.
3. I have no idea how to get behind that Sandbox sign. I bumped into the side of the moutain so many times, my head started to hurt:)
4. I guess the tasks associated with the sandbox signs are not within my skills, because no matter how much I zoomed into that sandbox cube I could not find any writing. This may be due to the fact that it takes a few minutes for my computer to load any images.
5. Wow... The process of taking my pic was very tedious. Well, I should say that the process of looking at myself was very tedious. But I did it, and I got my pic. In a litle while I will figure out how to get that photo into my blog.
6. I finally got into that vase and saw a small square with what looked like a star or a spider. It's strange, but getting into the vase was easier than looking at myself.

The verdict from the scavenger hunt is that I need to spend more time in SL, and work on my camera views. But its coming along...

No comments:

Post a Comment